- Allow for healthy jaw & facial development
- Create room in your child’s jaw for permanent teeth
- Address the underlying causes of crooked teeth
braces are removed unless a retainer is worn. At Walker Family Dental, we use Myobrace in Anthony to correct the root causes of a crooked smile.
- Corrects improper facial muscle habits that can lead to orthodontic issues such as a misaligned bite
- Creates room in your child’s jaw to allow their permanent teeth to come in properly
- Promotes proper breathing habits that improve their oral development and overall health
- Uses a series of lightweight oral appliances that are far more comfortable than braces
- Lessens the need for future orthodontic treatment, including braces and retainers
Myobrace Appliances Provide Proactive Orthodontic Treatment
Most youngsters don’t receive orthodontic treatment until all of their permanent teeth come in. However, in many cases it’s easier and more effective to begin addressing orthodontic issues much sooner. Myofunctional orthodontic treatment can begin as young as 3 years old. With Myobrace treatment your child will:
- Wear a lightweight oral appliance for an hour or two a day and overnight while sleeping
- Perform daily exercises that promote proper breathing, swallowing, and tongue and facial muscle position
- Complete a series of three to four appliances, all of which are customized to address their specific orthodontic needs
The appliances, combined with the daily exercises, gently move your child’s jaw forward into a position that creates more room for their teeth to come in with no crowding. This proactive treatment can remove the need for more traditional orthodontic treatment like braces later on.
Unlike metal braces, the appliances won’t stand out in your child’s smile, making them self-conscious. They’re also easy to keep clean and won’t affect what your child can eat.
For more information on Myobrace in Anthony, call us today at 620-214-5057.