- Catch & treat small problems early on
- A healthy mouth helps keep your body healthy
- Take advantage of dental sedation to relax
The team at Walker Family Dental loves to help our patients enjoy beautiful, healthy smiles. That’s why we promote a whole body approach to dentistry. Understanding that your oral health is really a small picture of your body’s total health is fundamental to the care we provide our patients. Maintaining a healthy mouth is a great way to boost the health of your entire body. One of the best ways to keep your mouth healthy is through Anthony general dentistry from Dr. Amy Walker. Her care will help you:
- Keep your teeth clean and bright
- Catch small oral problems before they can cause big damage
- Avoid extensive dental work that is time-consuming and costly
- Enjoy the confidence that your smile looks the best it can
- Draw others to you with a white, attractive smile
- Give you a significant edge in your social and professional circles
Call Walker Family Dental today to schedule an appointment for general dental services: 620-214-5057. We’re ready to help you keep smiling confidently! Be sure to ask us about dental sedation if you’re nervous about your exam or procedure.
put your oral health in our experienced hands
Our general dental care is designed to help you maintain a bright and healthy smile. We offer several great services that fall into this category, all of which will be custom-tailored to your specific needs and smile goals. These services include:
- Dental Exams and Cleanings – To keep your smile looking its best, come in for a routine checkup twice a year. Doing so allows us to keep an eye on your oral health and catch any irregularities so we can provide early treatment. During your checkup, you’ll receive a complete dental exam, including an oral cancer screening. If we see any cavities, we’ll recommend a tooth-colored filling to repair the damage. Plus, we’ll use a numbing gel to make your teeth cleaning completely comfortable. New patients will get their exam and cleaning all in one day.
- Preventive Dental Care – Depending on what we find during your exam, we may recommend one or more preventive treatments. Fluoride treatments and varnishes applied directly to your teeth will help strengthen the enamel and ward off cavities. Tooth sealants are thin plastic coatings applied to the biting surfaces of certain teeth to form a barrier against bacteria that can cause cavities and disease.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If your gums are suffering, we can perform a “deep cleaning” treatment using scaling and root planing. We’ll remove bacteria from around and below the gumline, then smooth the tooth roots to help keep bacteria from adhering to them. For severe cases of gum disease, we may also use antibiotics to restore your gum health.
- Custom Athletic Mouthguards – Did you know that athletes who don’t wear mouth protection are 60 percent more likely to suffer tooth and mouth injury than athletes who do wear protection? We can make you or your child a custom-fit mouthguard that will provide superior performance and longevity over store-bought mouthguards.
- Chronic Dry Mouth – After an evaluation to help determine the cause of your dry mouth, we may recommend a product from the CariFree line of specialty oral care products. These products help with both dry mouth symptoms and cavity prevention.